Friday 28 March 2014

Studio Visits//Elmwood

After doing the 'brand the boring' brief set by Elmwood in Leeds, I really liked the way they advised us on approaching the brief. I had heard of them before but I decided to look at their work in more detail. I like how they are a big company as I see myself a team player and enjoy collaborating with lots of designers. 


This is a brief they did for Anchor Butter. I like how they do projects for really commercial brands rather than small independent ones. 








Having a passion for packaging, I really like the light hearted approach they have to design. The bottle labels Elmwood did for Anchor squirty cream is clever yet you can tell they have the appropriate target audience in mind.  








They way the make on the shelf items look high end is something that I think is making their design better than other agencies and studios. This fish packaging is really simple yet very stylish. When you are designing a product, you want it to appeal to as many people as possible. The public want to feel as though they are getting more for their money and I think packaging like this definitely does this. 



















I also went to their branch in London and gave them a promo pack. I didn't hear from them for a while but I recently received an email starting a dialogue. 


No comments:

Post a Comment