Friday 31 May 2013

OUGD502//Self Evaluation


End of module self-evaluation

What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
I think that this module has helped me understand graphic design within the industry, however it has also made me realise that their is a lot to learn. Being informed about the money side of having a studio or being part of one has made me think about what kind of business I would like to go into. Life's a pitch has made me feel as though my skills working with people and voicing my opinions has improved. Within our groups, a lot of the time we would had to decide who was doing what. I think as a group we did this well. 

What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?
In this module I think an approach that I have taken on is quite broad. The talks with John have made me think about the bigger picture. They have shown me that many elements of your life effect and influence your practice, whether it is personal or professional. Self branding was much harder than I thought it would be. I wanted to communicate what I liked and what kind of design I did. I think in the end I accomplished this. It was a testing brief but one that I did enjoy. 

What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise these?
I think my presentation skills have improved and have become more aware of highlighting key points of the year. I am less nervous to speak about myself and my work in front my peers. I think I have become more professional in my layout skills as well. This year using SWOT analyse I have been able to understand the business side better and more in depth.  

What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?
I think sometimes I struggle with tasks that are not as practical. Regarding the tasks, I don't think I completed them to the my best potential. I find it hard to get motivated about less design based tasks. This is something that I am trying to improve. This was also probably due to some of my organisational skills and time management. 



Attendance- 4      Quantity of work produced- 3
Punctuality- 4         Quality of work produced- 3
Motivation-  3         Contribution to the group- 3
Commitment- 3

No comments:

Post a Comment